History of our Building

We bought our building in 1982. It used to be a shoe factory (change of use from soles to souls!) and before that was sometimes used as a dance hall. We still have the sprung maple dance floor, but were glad to get rid of the industrial heaters and oily machines! The building was originally built after the war on a site that was bombed in October 1940

ward street bombed  Ward Street, Lostock Hall. October 1940. 27 residents were killed as two bombs destroyed several rows of terraced homes. The victims are remembered on a plaque at the end of Ward St.  
ward street 1982  Our Ward Street premises in 1982. This is CCF in the early years as we turned a factory into a church.
ward street 1999 Our premises in 1999. New roof, new logo!  
ward street 2003

Our premises in 2003, complete with new rendering. Phase 1 of building work commenced in 2002 as we began to bring our facilities into the 21st century.

 

 

 

 

 

 Ward Street 2008

 

Our Ward Street premises in 2008. Another new roof outside but far more dramatic changes inside. Phase 4 of our building work has now been completed, the main entrance has been relocated to the corner of the building, the lounge, kitchen, toilets, creche and toddler rooms have all been rebuilt and modernised and an extension has been added to the rear of the building.